Welcome to Soil Health web page!
Know-how and tools for resource-efficient soil health management in a collaborative network
1. To improve soil health analysis methods
2. To improve farmers` know-how in soil health management
3. To give farmers better possibilities and tools to plan soil management.
To develop practical planning tools for soil health management
4. To spread and increase the knowledge and awareness of soil health
1. On-farm-research at eight farms
2. Farmers’ training and study groups
3. Toolkit for soil health management
4. Information for the general public
Regions: South Ostrobothnia, Satakunta Region, Southwest Finland and Uusimaa Region
Responsible organizations: The project is a joint project between University of Helsinki Ruralia Institute and Rural Advisory Services ProAgria regional centres of Southwest Finland and South Ostrobothnia.
Funding: Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment in Southwest Finland (Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland 2014-2020 / Special Funding for Water Protection and Nutrient Recycling), enterprises, farmers and foundations.
Read more of OSMO Project in English
Have a look at OSMO video with English translation, 5 min
OSMO brochure in Finnish
Farm test reports with English abstracts
All Publicatons, Tools and Materials of
Soil health and soil health management